Premier Landscaping Across Texas
Are you looking for an opportunity to not only do work you believe in but also find inspiration in the company for which you work? Do you love surrounding yourself with respected and seasoned experts who are empowered by a company with a long history of excellence, great customer relationships, exciting growth, and a team of people who love to build, create, and nurture beautiful things?
If the above gets you excited, we’d love for you to meet Clean Scapes. We’re an Austin-based commercial landscaping company known for our construction and maintenance expertise. Since our founding in 2005, the passion, reputation, and talent of our team have given us the opportunity to share what we do on some of the most prestigious and beautiful properties throughout Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, and beyond.
We are always in search of talented people who have a gift and passion for what they do. We also have some pretty high expectations about the human side of work and how you show up every day. We look for people who are collaborative, creative, customer-centric and believe work should be both fun and serious at the same time.
Think you may have stumbled upon a winning lottery ticket? Read on …
Clean Scapes is looking for an exceptionally talented Commercial Landscape Construction Estimator. The opportunity requires someone who can utilize his/her strong construction background to read, interpret, and analyze bid specifications, construction drawings, bid forms, and other project documents to accurately determine the cost of a project.
In this role, you will be responsible for determining the cost of all aspects within a given scope (hardscape, softscape, irrigation, etc.) of a construction project. A high degree of collaboration is required, as you will be working closely with the both the Construction Operations and Pre-Construction teams.
As an estimator your day-to-day work life will include:
- Reviewing invitations to bid, construction drawings, and specifications for use in preparing estimates and bids.
- The Completion of material takeoffs for specific components of landscape construction projects including softscape, hardscape, irrigation, and general site development
- Production of comprehensive estimates, which include the cost of material, labor, equipment, subcontractor, etc., while adhering to bid requirements and submission deadlines
- Development and maintenance of resource information including material catalogs and specification sheets, vendor information, equipment specifications, and subcontractor information
- Ongoing communication with Project Managers, Clients, vendors, and subcontractors regarding plan clarifications and changes
- Advising Senior Management of changes in the marketplace which affect bidding or negotiating
Of course, we need to make sure you’ve got the cred to go with the passion. We’ll expect that you have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or another related field. While a degree is impressive, we recognize that what’s on paper doesn’t define you. Many of us have honed our craft at work rather than school. We’ll consider a degree and/or relevant job history as the foundation by which we’ll judge your talent.
- Experience in Landscape Construction Estimation is preferred but is not absolutely necessary. Strong estimating skills with other scopes will be considered.
- While not required (with a great attitude and ability and willingness to learn, we can teach you anything), extensive knowledge of trees, shrubs, irrigation and hardscapes is helpful
- Knowledge and ability to understand construction plans, bid specifications, and other project documentation
- Strong customer focus, collaborative work style, exceptional communication, outgoing personality, professional demeanor, and the ability to remain calm under tight deadlines
- Analytical by nature with a strong attention to detail, while having the ability to translate technical information into simple terms for easy understanding.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals – excellent math skills are very important.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to Clients and other employees of the company.
- Strong skills and experience in (or interest in learning) takeoff software (we use OnScreen Takeoff).
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You’ll be talking to all walks of life, and it’s important that you can do it well regardless of position or authority level.
- Our work gets crazy and we’ll need you to have the ability to manage stress and meet deadlines while maintaining a sense of humor – if you aren’t excellent at multitasking, you shouldn’t apply…
- Much like watching a pit crew change a tire in the middle of the Indy 500, we work in a fast-paced environment. If breathing the fumes of this adrenaline intimidates you, you shouldn’t apply…
- If perhaps, you didn’t know you were looking for a new job until now, and if all of the above gets you excited – we want to talk to you!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.landscapeindustrycareers.org.